U3B , Balloons and the exciting bit

VE3KCL

Hi
We are testing various aspects of the U3B balloon beacon.  This flight is the 14th test and it is forecast to fly over my house at the completion of lap around the world.
U3B-14 is flying with a gps module that is priced right but is giving erroneous ground speed values.... too bad, as it works well otherwise.  It is flying with callsign VE3OCL transmitting wpsr on 20 and 30m data channel 30 and 36
Hans is working on an upgraded U3B system at the moment , He has configured 5 times the number of individual  channels into the prototype receiving spreadsheet, the new pcb boards have arrived and we hope to test them soon.
For me, here is the exciting bit....  http://www.qrp-labs.com/flights/u3b14.html
It is possible that u3b-14 will cross the 360 degree line before the sun gets too low, but if doesn't make it today it should show up in the Atlantic tomorrow morning.
73 Dave VE3KCL

Bob Hudson <bob@...>

Dave, this is most interesting!!! What a terrific flight so far.

Is this transmitting on traditional WSPR frequencies of 14.095.600 and
10.138.700

I will listen for VE3OCL from Mississauga, ON

73, bob ve3cwu
***********

[...]

HI Bob
Yes, transmitting on traditional wspr frequencies .... it allows everyone in the world to help with the tracking.
Dave

HF

Congratulations Dave and Hans on the imminent achievement!  I'm excitedly watching the red line come to a close.  Not only have you achieved an around-the-world flight, but you have demonstrated impressive performance of the U3B homing technique.  I'll be watching the altitude as it comes closer.  How close to the launch point do you expect it to land?   Will you be sharing anything about the code and hardware that's bringing it back home?  HI
Halden, VE7UTS

Wes AE6ZM

Wooo Hooo! Getting close! Well done!
--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

Wes

AE6ZM

Hereford, AZ

Wes AE6ZM

Made it!!! Another circum-nav under your belt.
--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

Wes

AE6ZM

Hereford, AZ

BrianB

Dave and Han's,

Great news on the circumnavigation and the encouraging news about an eventual U3B product release. I know there are quite a few of us that have been watching and waiting for quite a while.

73,
BrianB
N6CVO