Re: QSX 4th birthday !!! #qsx

Yannig - F4IUJ

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 07:41 PM, Shirley Dulcey KE1L wrote:
We have the uSDX and its descendents, but they're more in the category of cool hack than high performance radio.

I think that you are dismissing the µSDX a bit too quickly.

I've just activated a 2500m high SOTA in the Pyrenees with the m0n0 µSDX (in CW), it was very practical as when you go up every gram matters and battery, key and endfed antenna was less than 800g... I also carried an extensible mast which alone was the same weight as the rest and I really need to lighten this bit (kite antenna? )
I need to tweak it further to make the SSB work but an easy to build mono band QSX with pluggable filters (to make it multiband! ) would be very desirable for ramblers and cyclists. May be Guido would be willing to license a proprietary version so that Hans doen't get ripped off by copycat artists?

73

Yannig F4IUJ