Re: BS170 MOSFETS

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 03:52 PM, John Rabson wrote:
I seem to recall a question in my IEE (1966?) fiinals which asked me to outline the design of a 1kW transistor AF amplifier. I asked a neighbour who worked in semiconductor research if the examiners were serious. He declined to discuss the matter.
1966 ?
How many white spot transistors did he expect you to use ?

Not sure if that term was used outside the UK.
1966 was still when a single tranny with a whopping Ft=1Mhz would purchase you two homes.

Enter the white and red spot samples, out of spec parts sold for a weeks wages instead ;-)

Can't remember what the difference was between the colours though, AF vs RF maybe ?

73 de Andy