Re: Premature QDX Success

Yannig - F4IUJ

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 06:12 PM, Mike - N5AQM wrote:
I clip the leads at the transistor body, heat up one at a time and just pull them out and then clear the holes with a solder sucker FWIW. I can do this many times without damaging the PCB. Good Luck!

73
-Mike
Same technique here. I pull the leads with some tweezers while heating on the other side. If lucky the solder goes out with the leads, if not get the solder sucker out.

I've busted my QCX+ finals too many times to count and the board is still going strong even if there are some scars from my first attempts which were a bit fist handed.

73
Yannig