Re: BS170 Sources

Paul Christensen

>"Mouser USA is reporting 68,000 BS170 (through hole TO92) and still in stock..."

Mouser is currently out-of-stock on all BS170.  What you're seeing is the amount on order from the OEM and the expected stock date.

Apart from simple switching semiconductors, I only trust large distributors who can account for the original source and chain of custody from the time of manufacture to the time of stocking the device.  There are way too many fake-branded semiconductors being produced, mostly from Asia with essentially no quality control over critical noise and gain specs.  Concerning Tayda, does anyone know how they select their semiconductors?

Paul, W9AC