From: tony.volpe.1951@...
Date: Sun, May 8, 2022, 9:30 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] U4B and PuTTY Questions #u4b
I just got my U4B today - it was delivered yesterday but I wasn't here. Up and running straight away in simple mode and getting spots from about 800 km away on a random bit of wire on 30 meter band. Looks like it will be a fun project to run it as a garden wspr tx with a couple of solar cells and a proper antenna when I get sorted..

When I first tried to run it, it didn't transmit for the first half hour or so even though it was powered by a 4.2 v battery. I am wondering of the GPS took a while to get enough data to get a fix. Strangely, the first two transmissions sent Hans's locator - KM46. The U4b is temporarily set up in a window and may not have had great GPS reception. It obviously had the time before it got a  proper fix on my location.