Re: Harsh Sidetone on QCX-20M With AGC On

Tony AE0KW <tcollen@...>

Check your sidetone volume setting in the menu. I had my QCX for 2 years before I realized it existed, and it turned out it was set to the maximum value. Dialing it down to maybe 15 or 20 (out of a max of 99 or 100 or whatever) cleaned up my sidetone quite a bit.

Tony AE0KW

On Sun, Apr 3, 2022 at 10:53 AM, Ernie Bailey - N2DGQ wrote:

I have read several topics about this on this forum regarding harsh sidetone
and relating to RF feeding back to speaker.  But in my case when I turn the
AGC off the harsh side tone goes away.  I have a QCX-40M rig with AGC and
there is no harsh sidetone.  I am using a powered speaker. And I have a Rev-3
rig.

I have removed the AGC board and reinstalled it.  Adjustment of the AGC
potentiometer does not seem to remove the harsh side tone.

It's not the end of the world as there does not seem to be as many strong
signals on 20M as there is on 40M.  But I'd like to have the AGC on.

Any suggestions?

Join {QRPLabs@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.