Re: Unit won't power up - #40m #qcxmini

Robert N0QLR

Hello Julian. I wanted to follow up with my readings around the voltage regulator. Going into the unit I hooked up a moderately used 9v battery, and it was supplying 7.20 volts. When the measurement was taken across the D3 (1N5819) diode my readings were (input: 3.93, output 3.53). The voltage regulator looks like it's next, and I measured it as follows (input:3.46, output:2.30). I did feel around the circuit board, and found that the voltage regulator was probably the hottest part of the board. Does any of that sound like it's trending toward a next step for troubleshooting?