Re: QDX - TX only starts via Terminal Emulator

Mike Easterbrook

 Evan

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I was aware of the need to maximise audio levels from manual & previous posts.  However I had'nt needed to do this earlier so hadn't been looking in that direction. Now reset at 100% and all OK. Love these simple fixes.

Thanks again
Mike

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 8:18 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
Hi Mike,

Where to start will depend on the flashing of the red LED.  From the release notes on the QRP-Labs web page:

- Status LED flashes more info during TX to aid audio debugging on PC:
  3 flashes means all OK, TXing power;
  2 flashes means transmit mode, but audio level (volume) is too low;
  1 flash means transmit mode, but there is no audio at all
.
https://qrp-labs.com/qdx.html

The most likely issue is the audio level being sent to the QDX.  The first thing to check is that the correct audio devices are configured in WSJT-X.  Then be sure the power slider in WSJT-X is all the way up, and that the volume for the audio output to the QDX is also at a maximum.  How you do the second is dependent on your OS on the PC.

73
Evan
AC9TU