From: Paul Christensen <w9ac@...>
Date: Sun, Mar 27, 2022, 6:37 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] How does QDX implement the raised cosine ramp in the FT8 spec? #qdx

In FT8 Software.  From Joe Taylor’s QEX article:

“FT4 and FT8 waveforms have constant amplitude except at the very beginning and end of a transmission. FT8 signals are ramped up

gradually over a transition interval T/8, or 20 ms, at the beginning of the first sync symbol. The ramp function is a raised cosine.”

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT4_FT8_QEX.pdf

Paul, W9AC