Re: 160m WSPR worked great for me on 1.09 firmware overnight

mike/w1mt

If you do decide to harvest those bytes, could you change how the vfo works at the same time? I've mentioned before but it really makes no sense to go from A -> B -> Split -> then back to A. better that it just goes A -> Split and back to A. Swap should be used as is to go from A to B and back. This is really my only nit with the current UI.

Whatever you decide, thanks for a great little ham radio eco-system!

mike/w1mt

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 2:27 PM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:

RIT, VFO A, B and which VFO is current, as well as RIT in 4.2, are all parameters which ahould be thought of as default start-up parameters used in power-up.

And the "Save settings" action is more of a "Save state" thing that really writes the current state of the VFO, RIT and Speed to those default setting menu items for loading at start-up.

Those menu items could indeed be dropped. The underlying saved values would still need to be there as would "Save settings" or "Save state" as maybe it should be renamed.

It's quite a drastic action and I don't feel like I'm quite ready for it... I'll have to sleep on it some.

73 Hans G0UPL