From: QRPLabs@groups.io <QRPLabs@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Greffe - VE3SGV
Sent: Thursday, December 9, 2021 8:57 AM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] QCX Mini 40M smoked #qcxmini #rip

Yup, shorting out the PTT line claimed my 80M Mini too.
But for me it was hot plugging the PTT to the companion 50W amp. Toasted the Ver. 1 regulator and pretty much everything else on the board that was black and had more than two leads. I'm not equipped to do SMD so it was most economical to start over with a new kit, minus the case. Live and learn as they say. Sorry to hear of the magic smoke experiment you had, but don't feel bad--it's easily done and we're not the first.

73
Steve VE3SGV