Re: Mismatched antenna on Class-D & Class-E amplifier

Roelof Bakker

Hello Wolfgang,

My QCX+ draws large current peaks when using an automatic antenna tuner running the full
gallon. It tripped the current limit setting of my power supply and I did not like it.

Tuning the antenna was proceeded with my K2....

Maybe running 1W will work, but this tuner needed a bit more juice to function properly.

Eventually I measured the impedance, plugged the figures in an on-line L-network calculator
and build a small L-tuner, using 1 coil and 1 capacitor. Tuner loss was less than with the
automatic tuner, which showed in an increased antenna current.

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt