Re: Paddle Type for QCX mini #40m

Curt wb8yyy

Caleb

Fantastic to have you interested in ham radio and cw.  Since you have to learn how to receive cw before sending, you have time to acquire a key and a paddle.

Check hamfests and local hams to find a good deal on a quality key.

My own preference is to use a two lever aka iambic paddle. Maybe merely because it's what I learned on. They may be more common. I may agree it takes more skill to use a single lever paddle, I don't have it.

Start learning to copy cw and be patient acquiring sending hardware.

Curt