Re: New kit: QDX - QRP Labs Digital Transceiver

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:43 PM, N7IHQ wrote:
The QDX should work with Olivia also. Although Olivia is great for weak signal QRP, it has a long latency. I wish there was more activity using the newer conversational MFSK based modes like FSQ and DominoEX. I have no interest in the automated modes like WSJT-X.
Jim et al  :

The QDX is not an SSB transmitter. It is only compatible with modes that use sequential FSK (i.e. one tone at a time).
This rules out any modes that use MFSK (i.e. MFSK16, DominoEx, Olivia, THOR, FSQ, Contestia, MT63, THROB etc).
Also as Hans has stated PSK modes are not supported either (so nothing using BPSK or QPSK modulation).

A quick pass through all of the modes supported by FLDIGI seems to indicate that perhaps only RTTY and FSK-105 HELL (also referred to as FH105/FSKH105 or FMHELL) might be the only compatible modes in FLDIGI.  It just so happens that FSK-105 HELL is the mode now used by
the Feld-Hell Club for their nets.

What is supported is every mode in WSJT-X as well as JT8 (conversational mode based on FT8 protocol using  the JS8CALL application).

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB