Re: Finally on the air #wspr #u3s #loveit

M0PWX

@bertel

Welcome to true QRP with the U3s, Hans designed a truly magical box that is fun to build and performs so well

Give us a bit of info on your QRZ page about you and your station

Have a look at QRSS as well, that another fun QRP mode

You can run more than one mode in sequence on the U3s

I run WSPR, then FSKCW for QRSS, then slow hell to print my Callsign, like G0MBA and G0PKT below

QRSS Plus (swharden.com)

The New Age of QRSS (swharden.com)

Peter

M0PWX

M0PWX Grabber Page (qsl.net)

How on earth is this possible?
From what I *thought* I knew about distance vs power, it is not, but I'm still doing it...
I have my newly built U3S finally on the air, temporarily hooked up on my kitchen table, not even boxed yet.
A couple of lab cables to the PS and such.
A fairly simple HFJ-350M antenna on the balcony, grounded in the railing, tuned with a simple analyzer.

At for example 20m, with about 180mW out to the antenna.
I'm getting spots from all over Europe, Moscow, Crete, Iceland, The Canary Islands AND North Eastern US.
I'm living in Gothenburg, Sweden.
6147km (WZ7I) on 180mW, 29uW/km, OK.....

I find this truly amazing.
What can one do with such simple equipment?