Re: QLG3-enclosure, a work in progress #gps #enclosure

jjpurdum

They are all card stock, but Al did them, not me.

Jack, W8TEE

On Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 12:18:44 PM EDT, Harry Latterman via groups.io <harrylatterman@...> wrote:

If those are all card stock from panels... I am impressed...very impressed..

Harry K7ZOV

On Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 08:50:07 AM MST, jjpurdum via groups.io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

On Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 11:39:34 AM EDT, Al Holt <grovekid2@...> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 09:45 AM, jjpurdum wrote:

Now we print a cardstock template and do the LCD/display cutout with an X-Acto knife (make it just a smidgen smaller than the display).
Jack,
Not sure I understand what you've written. Is the entire top cover cardstock? Yes. All of these use the same technique:

A small amount of glue holds it in place
Is the glue holding the LCD/display in place? On this particular one, yes. On most, we use countersunk flat head screws.

and a thin coat of clear Krylon protects it.
I can picture that for protecting the card stock, but are you also spraying the display? No. We cover it with masking tape during the spray.

I may be totally off the mark on understanding the technique. Thanks!

--Al