Re: Feature request: zero beat sidetone when pushing knob and key simultaneously #sidetone

Dave Bauer

Hi Julian et all
I have found that by activating the S meter function in the QCX'sĀ and carefully tuning the received signal for maximum s meter reading, I can net my TX very close to the received frequency.
Because the QCX's process RX signals mainly at the audio level, with no AGC, the S meter indicates the relative audio level after the 200Hz filter and the volume control setting, so peaking the S meter reading by slowly rocking the QCX frequency around the received signal gets me close enough to netting the received signal frequency. Anyway, that works for me. I like simple..Hi Hi
Best regards
Dave
VE7AHT