Re: Alternative(s) to 200 Hz CW Filter

Roelof Bakker

Hello Lou,

I believe that is your name, if not my apologies.

No, I did not run a signal to noise competition.
In this regard, I tested my QCX+ for 40 meter and I can hear a true -137 dBm signal.
That is close to - S3!

The beauty of combining the output of a wide and narrow filter is that it gives the impression
of a variable bandwith control. I used it it in a home made receiver with a potentiomer.
It works just the other way round as an audio peak filter, by controlling the level of the
background noise / signals.

I will see if it can be implemented in my QCX+ and report back in due course.

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt