Re: QCX-mini failure on new build

Timothy Freeze

Hi Mont,

I have a cheap logic analyzer I bought on a whim.  No idea how to use it! 🙂

I just received a complete 80 M kit, built the display, and put the header pin in upside down.  I'm so dumb.  I had to remove the 10 pin header and resolder it in place properly.  Some of the thru hole copper came out, butit appears to work ok.  I finished putting it together and tried it in the QCX, well it gives the same result.  Sometimes ???or other characters and a flashing cursor to the right.  So I'd guess that means the main board is bad?

I'm thinking of just sucking it up and order another 20 M kit,  trying again and hoping for the best.  I loaded the complete firmware to another CPU and it didn't make any difference.   I haven't tried the new kit's cpu but I suspect I'd get the same result.

The twisted tabs on the LCD are not bent over.  They don't appear to be touching anything.

Here's the two displays, one connected with jumpers to the 10 pin header.  The other just on the QCX.

I'm sorry to be taking up so much of your time.

I'd be fine with testing the more complicated display on breadboard rails if that the thing to do.

Kindest regards,

Tim