Re: QLG2 and QCX mini time display quirk

Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...>

Hans

It is tempting to automate the time before first WSPR, but maybe a
simpler approach would be to add a user configurable delay(time)
command to the menu so the user could control delay for any
function.

Arv
_._

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 5:45 AM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:
Hi Ken

GPS does indeed get checked at the end of each WSPR transmission. When beacon mode is enabled it therefore transmits one cycle before it gets to the time setting part...

This is a known issue and on my list :-/

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021, 14:03 KEN G4APB via groups.io <lfoofui.nbz42=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have fitted a super cap to my QLG2 and time is displayed on its own display instantly after switch on, great. But, when connected to my QCX mini, in WSPR beacon mode, the time does not update on the QCX until it has (incorrectly) run a transmission at time 00:00:00 plus FRAME. However, if I back out of beacon mode, in RX mode, the time updates instantly. The problem is, if I want the QLG2 to set the time in WSPR beacon mode, from switch on, I have to back out of beacon mode, let the QLG2 set the time in Rx mode, the pull out the jack plug to the gps/paddle input ( it stops me getting into Preset menu if connected), select beacon mode from the Preset menu, and plug the gps jack back in.
As I am experimenting with battery packs, quite often my QCX resets at the end of a WSPR transmission and looses the time setting, so I cannot just leave it running.
Any idea of an easier method to get the time to set before WSPR beacon transmission?
73 Ken G4apb