Re: Build Time

Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...>

Once a person has built 2 or 3 or 10 units it probably does go faster.
_._

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 10:51 PM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:
Hi Lee

Yes, definitely ignore that crazy maniac and his 84 minutes...

Take it slow and carefully... it is very much eaiser and in all ways preferable to get it right the first time around, rather than make a mistake and spend hours trying to find it, as well as risk damaging the component and/or PCB trying to fix it.

Always remember QCX-mini was engineered for small size, not ease of assembly/modification/repair.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021, 07:42 Leland L. Bahr <w5drc@...> wrote:
Well, I got some answers as to build time from a few individuals but not
from an overwhelming amount.  Seems like the build time is between 4 and
6 hours for the individuals responding.  The 6 hour time included
alignment time too.  There was one exception.  One chap said it takes 84
minutes for him to build one.  His first name starts with "H" and the
last letter in his first name is "S"!  (He probably doesn't use the
instructions either!)  Some chaps said they could have built it in a
shorter time but took extra time ensuring they did not make a mistake.
I counted there are 102 surface mounted parts already on the board when
received. I am sure that has really cut build time substantially.  I'm
sure Hans is happy to know most chaps take their time during
construction to minimize mistakes.

Lee, w0vt