Re: tuning without detents

Ha! Yes, I remember the 8031. Our other team at the Racine Wisconsin head office was working on a single axis motion controller using that device, if i remember correctly, and it had a full high speed current loop as well - impressive.

But a talking hot box detector? Sounds cool for that era :-)

We used an ISIS II system - you probably remember those too. I'll never forget the clunk, clunk, clunckety clunk sound the 8" floppy disk drives made. The editor was called "Credit"... Oh, those halcyon days... ;-)

Then I remember that the other team had a 5MB hard drive for their work... Grrr !!

--
Julian, N4JO.