Re: Kit soldering iron

Roelof Bakker

Curt,

- I would probably buy a Hakko today, mine is from xytronic

If you want something special, yet not too expensive, the Xytronic LF-3000 is to be considered.

It uses RF heating of the tip at a frequency of around 450 kHz, which results in a very fast response
and delivers just the amount of heat to do a proper job. The chance of overheating is nil. Replacement
tips in all kind of sizes are available at reasonable cost.

There are other more renowned brands using the same heating principle, but at much higher cost.

I have been using one for 12 years now and never looked back. My Weller has been collecting dust ever
since.

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt