hold things tightly.  Szw of file a small notch to hold the PCB.

Arv
_._

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 10:15 AM wa8yan.radio via groups.io <wa8yan.radio=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Great advise thanks.  I already have everything except the panavise.  Swaps are starting to pop up again now so maybe I can pick one up soon.

-------- Original message --------
From: K9NUD-Steve <k9nud@...>
Date: 6/2/21 6:53 AM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] I just jumped off my safe zone

Phil, welcome aboard! I just completed my first QCX Mini last week and I'm having lots of fun with it. My three recommendations:

  1. Get a "Panavise" circuit board holder (or similar). You can never have enough hands.
  2. Get a tiny soldering iron, skinny solder, and de-soldering braid (if you don't already have them)
  3. Get a magnifying hood, goggles, or desk-mounted magnifier, along with a jeweler's loupe.
Mine fired up on the first try and tuned up easily. I get 4 watts @ 12v (5 @ 13.8) and make lots of great contacts. If I can hear them, they can usually hear me.

73, Steve