Re: Antenna Tuner

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

They vary. Some sources kit them with real toroids, some with fakes. The rest of the components seem to be OK even in the kits with bad toroids; you could buy a real toroid from Diz to replace it and still have a pretty inexpensive build.

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 5:17 PM Leland L. Bahr <w5drc@...> wrote:

This is a piece of crap.  The toroid is fake and not even a type 2 red core, just painted red.  This thing is super inefficient.  Most of your power will go into heat.  I threw mine away.  Pure Junk.  A waste of money.

Lee, w0vt

On 5/22/2021 1:25 PM, K2DB Paul Mackanos wrote:
Thx, I just ordered one !
Paul K2DB

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 11:41 AM Trystan G0KAY <trystandavies+nodirect@...> wrote:
Here's the one I got, it arrived in around ten days from China to the UK:

https://www.banggood.com/1-30Mhz-LED-VSWR-DIY-Manual-Antenna-Tuner-Kit-For-HAM-RADIO-+-CW-QRP-Q9-BNC-Interface-p-1253567.html

Trystan
G0KAY