Re: Antenna Tuner

Michael.2E0IHW

No surprise, Lee

Although adjunct to  Q'Labs topics, the big conundrum
with toroids remains : how to know!

I have yet to discover the one-true-posting which will enable me to
measure and evaluate, *with simple means*, the jumble of toroids
languishing in my treasure-box...

Trystan : over to you!

Michael

On 22/05/2021 22:15, Leland L. Bahr wrote:

This is a piece of crap.  The toroid is fake and not even a type 2 red core, just painted red.  This thing is super inefficient.  Most of your power will go into heat.  I threw mine away.  Pure Junk.  A waste of money.

Lee, w0vt

On 5/22/2021 1:25 PM, K2DB Paul Mackanos wrote:
Thx, I just ordered one !
Paul K2DB

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 11:41 AM Trystan G0KAY <trystandavies+nodirect@...> wrote:
Here's the one I got, it arrived in around ten days from China to the UK:

https://www.banggood.com/1-30Mhz-LED-VSWR-DIY-Manual-Antenna-Tuner-Kit-For-HAM-RADIO-+-CW-QRP-Q9-BNC-Interface-p-1253567.html

Trystan
G0KAY