Re: Power output for the QCX mini 20m version #20m #power

Skip Davis

Christian,
Start by removing one turn only from L3 and then expand or compress the turns on L1&2. I just unwind one turn and tack solder the wire back to check BEFORE CUTTING THE WIRE to length.
Just remember that spreading the turns reduces the inductance and compressing them increase it. So if after removing one turn from L3 and spreading them out still increases output them unwind one more turn to see your results. Getting about 4 watts out is good for the 20m QCX when you’re are using about 12vdc for power, that is what I use as a start voltage which matches my portable battery pack ( about 12.8 vdc charged after resting).

73, Skip NC9O