Re: Modifications for Rev 2 board of QCX needed? #qcx #sidetone

 There were several firmware improvements over time, that improved (reduced) the transmit/receive changeover click. With 1.07a you get all those improvements.

The only hardware change that reduced clicks was the C21 and C22 changing from 10uF to 1uF.

I do recommend this change. We use 1uF ceramics (MLCC) in the QCX+ and QCX-mini kits but any types will be OK. Lower capacitance values would be OK too but that does increase the attenuation. The QCX has plenty of gain but I wouldn't go much below 1uF. For example 0.47uF would be not too bad if you don't have 1uF.

73, Bernie, VE3FWF
(most typos in this message have been generated by highly sophisticated auto-correction software)