Re: OCXO/Si5351A Calibration/Testing...Wierd Failure!! #ocxo

Lee Hooper KG5VU

Per Ron's suggestion, I have adjusted R21 for startup heater current at about 100 mA.  It is now running WSPR on 30m .... with its case open on the bench and with a separate metered current limited power supply.  The Drift is zero except on the first transmit after restart when I received all 3's!!!!  I plan to leave the U3S on the bench in this configuration for a day or so.

The sensitivity of the adjustment for R21 makes me somewhat nervous.  Per your suggestions, reducing the value of R5 seems smart and will reduce the risk of damaging something.  I will probably do that later in the week.