Re: OCXO/Si5351A Calibration/Testing...Wierd Failure!! #ocxo

Ron Carr

I recently built an OCXO kit and encountered similar issues with resets when the unit transmitted.  Using an adjustable supply I found the processor resets at a fairly high voltage.  I don't remember the voltage, but it was higher than 4.75 and higher than I expected.   During experiments the unit did run well on a single supply set at 5.25 volts.  Voltage drop in my power supply wiring may have been an issue and may also be an issue with your unit.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the PI controller has a very long time constant such that when you advance R21 it will take a number of seconds for the current to increase.  If you advance R21 somewhat fast until you see a current increase, you may already have advanced it too far.