Re: Idea for future QSX production

Hans Summers

Thanks Steve

But I prefer financing it myself... I see a lot of problems everywhere, for example Elecraft and their 2 years' K4 pre-orders and stress that must give them. And a host of crowd-funding horror stories from Kickstarter and such. Dealing with all that, for me, would be an unwelcome distraction and only slow things down. So when the design is finished and components available I will finance the manufacturing. But thanks anyway!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021, 06:58 Steve Ireland <stevevk6vz@...> wrote:

Hi Hans

You may well have already considered this, but once you are happy with the QSX design and are at the point where you wish to purchase components, there is something that those of us who wish to purchase to the radio could do to help you.

As you would be aware, there are several radio and radio kit manufacturers who ask for a deposit/part payment from their initial purchasers of a particular product in order to bankroll the necessary component purchases/production costs.

None of us want you to suffer financial stress over introducing a more complicated radio kit - there is enough stress involved in that already. ;-)

After you have decided on an initial production run (say, 100 units), why not ask, via the reflector, for those who wish to purchase one of those units to make a part/full payment so you bankroll purchasing the necessary bits. You have a huge respect and confidence from your user base - and I think people would fall over themselves to help you in this way.

Just a thought. ;-)

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ