Re: Does QCX Mini have DIY emission indication function? #qcxmini

John Pagett G4YTJ

Jakob,

Mine is a 40m QCX+.
I think it works because of stray capacitance between the LED and ground.
The diodes are from the junk box. One is a 1N914, so similar to 1N4148. I think the other is 1N4148.

73
John
G4YTJ

On 18 Mar 2021, at 15:56, jakob@... wrote:

Interesting! Are you sure the diodes are 1N4148? I will experiment with this circuit to find out how the led current is generated. Whatever it is, it is most likely a non-linear circuit and induces harmonics, as every non-linear component does in RF. But not a problem if applied before the LPF. BTW, what band is this QCX Mini?