Re: Does QCX Mini have DIY emission indication function? #qcxmini

geoff M0ORE

Agreed 100%.

A diode across the RF was used and maybe still is to generate harmonics. Called Varactor diodes when I used one is a Wood & Douglas 70cm rig.

On 17/03/2021 17:18, Alan G4ZFQ wrote:

So chucking a "single ended" indicator to it is quite safe, it when you make it a "double ender" that it becomes a problem.

There can be no "single ended" indicator. If it indicates it is consuming power that has to be returned, just like an antenna.

I would think that any harmonics would be low but they could well be there.