Re: Si5351A blown (IC1) QCX transceiver.

Hans Summers

Hi all

Another reminder, just in case it helps anyone: when replacing an Si5351A chip please be sure to purchase Si5351A-B-GT or Si5351A-B-GTR (Matt's appears to be correct). Do not be tempted to buy a part number such as Si5351A-Bxxxxx-GT [R] because the xxxxx indicates it is a customized chip for a particular customer's requirements; these typically operate on I2C bus addresses other than 0x60. These non-standard chips will NOT work in QRP Labs kits.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 8:03 AM Matt Burge via groups.io <matt24512=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi William, i am about to... i have a new chip and i intend to use solder paste & a heat gun... i have purchased an SMD practice board.. i was going to just use the soldering iron method
but that chip is sooooo dam tiny... its costing a little more to get the equipment together but i am enjoying the challenge.. lol I overheated my chip while searching for another fault to do with the controls board.. good luck 👍