Re: Trouble ordering from QRPLabs

Hans Summers

Hello All

There were some problems with the shop website PCI Compliance and I was therefore forced to upgrade the shop to OpenCart 3.0.3.6 as the shop software was on a quite old version.

In the upgraded shop, everything is still there just as before. Some things have been moved around, that is just the way the new software version works. I suppose they try to update the appearance to keep it "modern". In many cases the things moved around are not really better or worse, just different. Since I spend a lot of time in the shop admin back-end I have lots of minor changes to get used to, but none of it is really worse than just things moving around to different places.

Mont, your comment about options not making sense, for example the 6-band relay switch is an option on the clock kit, is not correct - the 6-band relay switch has always been there on the clock kit page, for at least a year or more... the clock firmware is capable of switching relays on/off at specified times of day. Therefore the relay kit is offered as an option.

The currency selection at the top left is also not new, it has always been there, previously there was a set of Dollar Euro Pound icons in the top center of the shop page. Now there is a selector on the top left.

As far as I know, there should be no major issues with the newly upgraded shop. There are a few cosmetic concerns such as the large images in the wish list, and the thumbnail images on any shop page appearing one per line instead of multiple thumbnail tiles per line. These are cosmetic problems and I will get them fixed when I can figure out how.

If anyone has any significant problems please email me.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 7:32 AM Mont Pierce KM6WT <de.km6wt@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 05:28 PM, Jim Painter wrote:
Yeah, I thought it was a bit difficult to navigate. For example finding my order history.
Actually, "Order History" used to be only on "My Account" webpage.

Now, it's also at the bottom of all "shop.qrp-labs.com" webpages.

The very top line of the "shop" webpages also has some new icons.
The one on the far left, lets the customer choose which currency to display.

I'm not sure if Hans is using it, I also noticed at the bottom right a "Newsletter" subscription option.

These all must have been enhancements/upgrades from the "OpenCart" eCommerce Platform software.

Overall, VERY NICE Hans !!

73
km6wt