Re: Qcx keyer erratic

Hans Summers

Hi Jim

I use my QCXs at 15wpm and they always work perfectly. I'm using the latest firmware 1.07a.

I had 9 QSOs today on 20m in the 1300Z session of the QCX QSO party and a few minutes after the hour ended. Since I've had almost no QSOs in the last 3 months (just two I think), I reduced the speed to 14wpm after the first QSO to give myself a chance to get in practice again, gently.

I do wonder if you have problems with RF getting into your paddle cable. Coax common mode currents and grounding issues can wreak havoc.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021, 23:12 Jim Painter via groups.io <Jfpainter=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Trying to do QCX challenge on 20m. My keyer was so screwed up I couldn’t answer anyone. Decided to do a reset on the QCX. Started working fine. Reset had set speed back to 12wpm. When I crank up to 15 wpm starts giving extra dit and dahs. Sometimes misses dits and dahs. I have no problem with 15wpm on my other rigs. Guess I’ll just leave it at 12wpm.

Hans, do you have any ideas. My fist is not great but I’ve always been able to handle 15wpm.

73...Jim....KQ3S

On Feb 22, 2021, at 10:30 AM, Daniel Walter via groups.io <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Auto Space off? Typo?
--