Re: LCD Failure Symptoms

Hans Summers

Hello all

Just to clarify the position:

I have always intended that everyone purchasing a QRP Labs kit should always be able to upgrade the firmware in their chip for free, if they have a suitable AVR programmer and the suitable willingness to wield it. That is fine, for your personal use. I don't mind also if people help out their close friends etc.

What is NOT OK is creating chips for QRP Labs kits for use in clones of QRP Labs products, or creating QRP Labs firmware chips for sale or at cost, to/for other people in any other circumstances not included in the previous paragraph (i.e. any other people other than your personal use and helping out your close friends).

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 12:35 PM Mont Pierce KM6WT <de.km6wt@...> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 01:06 PM, Arv Evans wrote:
Since Hans` code is proprietary  intellectual property, one has to wonder why
people would be trying to duplicate his code into multiple 328 microcontrollers?
You might be right.  Or, maybe he has multiple QCXs to update?

I don't know... but I'm one for sure that Murphy has taken a great interest in.  (arrrgggg....)

Being able to program my own 328, after STATIC murders mine (more than once...  oops),
saves me about 2 weeks from having to order and wait for a replacement to be shipped...

That's just me though.  I wish Murphy would leave me alone...
( I guess I should wise up and learn how to protect my gear from static, being knocked off the desk,  and other disasters.... )

73
km6wt