Re: QCX-mini constant 700Hz tone #qcxmini


Mont Pierce KM6WT
 

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 06:23 AM, Bob M. wrote:
Switching the oscillator on and off or changing its frequency by more than a few kHz takes some amount of time. This might interfere with the full break-in operating mode and may not be the ideal solution, even if it's a quick fix.
It's already turning Clk 2 On/Off for keying, and it changes Clk 0 Off/On frequency during keying.

I asked Hans previously about the affects on QSK with sending all this data through I2C to the Si5351a. 
Apparently with the I2C running at 400KHz, there's plenty of time between the dits & dahs without affecting QSK.


I'm sure Hans will find a solution once all the Fires are under control.

Fortunately, 99.99% of the time it doesn't affect normal operations.  Unfortunately, that still leaves the 0.01%


73
km6wt

Join QRPLabs@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.