Re: A word of advice

jakob@...

A good discussion here! I agree that Hans has one of the best kit building instructions, maybe just one dB behind Heathkit. Don't discourage people from trying to build kits. It is rewarding. Even a failure rewards with a ton of experience and knowledge. I like the proverb "Experience is what you get if you don't get what you wanted". This is so true for kit building too. I made my share of mistakes, and continue to do so and I do not regret it. If you are interested and can afford, order that kit of interest and start building it. It has never been easier to find help if you struggle. You don't need expensive tools. You just need the will to learn.
73 Jakob AA0JR