Re: QCX Mini - Failure of AMS1117 on connection of GLG-1

howard winwood G4GPF

I think the reason not to hot plug anything is because of the fragile nature of the voltage regulator used in the first batch of kits, once  it has been replaced with a 78 device you should have no problems.

G4GPF

On 19 Jan 2021, at 18:17, Allen N4NN <allen.n4nn@...> wrote:

Mike - I had a similar experience and got several recommendations to never plug or unplug anything when the mini is powered. Also, in another post Hans said "In the 2nd batch I have changed to 78M05. This has 0.5A current rating, 30V maximum input voltage, doesn't fail short-circuit, and doesn't significantly increase the cost."