Re: Portable antenna suggestions for forthcoming QCX mini

Michael Greene

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 02:47 PM, ajparent1/KB1GMX wrote:
For laughs I built a QRP power level wide band transformer using FT68-61
for about 1:49, in a very tiny plastic box with BNC and thumbscrew to attach
the wire.  That  added to 10ft of RG316 with BNC, and two pieces of wire
for 20 with knife disconnects for adding length for 40.  Plus a two coils of
0.050 paracord about 50ft each.  All in a small pouch that can hang from
a belt or velcro to the back of the FT817 the Mic is in a similar pouch
velcroed to the radio. all up weight is maybe 6 ounces, maybe less.  A
pocket sized 5AH lipo and its a portable radio system.  QCX and key plus
battery would be lighter.
Allison,
This is quite interesting. Did you build this for portable? Any chance of a quick sketch? I'd like to try it.
Michael