Re: Portable antenna suggestions for forthcoming QCX mini

Richard - N1RBD

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 08:33 AM, VE3VXO wrote:

If you don't want the hassle of the up/dn-up/dn dealing with the links, then the autotransformer matching works well with traps also.  I built one for 20/30/40 and it was fairly painless.  More bands can be a pruning nightmare though.

I thought about it, but with this one I went with simplicity and 0dB insertion loss.

I have 500m of SOTAbeams antenna wire waiting to be picked up at my Amazon Hub, so I'm sure this won't be my last foray into ultralight trail-friendly (SOTA) antenna building.  :)