Re: HOW TO MAKE a multi-band portable field antenna for NO tuner needed for forthcoming QCX mini #sota #antennalaunching #qcx40 #building #transformer

Richard - N1RBD

SOTAbeams and QRPGuys sells trap kits.  Price varies depending on how much power you want them to handle.

I thought about this, but I went the simple route and did a 20/30/40 linked EFHW.  0dB insertion loss from traps.  It takes me about 30 seconds to change bands.  When you're running QRP, every little fraction of a dB helps.

I may still do a trapped dipole for QRO POTA ops.