Re: QCX Challenge poll #poll-notice

jjpurdum

Yep, I've seen the argument that 10W on SSB is qrp, although QRPARCI says it's 5W regardless of mode.

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, November 6, 2020, 1:24:10 PM EST, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

Hi,

There is and probably will be for a long time to come some ambiguity.
Context can be our friend. Meanwhile I would point out that contesting
and non contest 'operating events' have up to three categories that they
specify in their rules. A rule may state that QRP is 5 watts or less.
Medium power is between 5 and 100 watts. High power is more than 100
watts. If it is not stated in the rules then it isn't a *rule*. But it
seems to always be well defined. When some brain-dead moron like me
(regards up to 100 watts as QRP) enters a conetest or 'event' in the QRP
class then we pay attention to keep power levels down to 5 watts or
less. That is the best you will get from me.

Posters on this and some other lists may have bibles that say QRP is
always 5 watts or less. So that is what it probably means here. In the
wider universe - probably not.

73,

BillĀ  KU8H

bark less - wag more