Re: QCX Challenge poll #poll-notice

Hans Summers

Yes Reg is correct

There isn't any ambiguity about this. It's 5W CW (Digi) or 10W SSB PEP. Transmitter RF Output (not DC input, and not ERP). Every QRP club and QRPer I have ever come across is consistent with this.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020, 00:07 R. Tyson via groups.io <tysons2=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you want to fall into the category of QRP then I'm afraid it's 5 watts output on CW and 10 watts on SSB.

They are the power levels recognised internationally by all the QRP clubs and QRP'ers. Others may decide to run 50 watts or more but they are not complying with the general understanding of QRP. Someone running 100w to 1kw may think they are running QRP at 50 watts but their understanding would be different to the generally accepted understanding of what QRP is.

Alternatively you can go QRPp which is generally less than one watt.

Reg                        G4NFR