QCX+ 20 m start up problem voltage regulator?

Daniel Curtin KF4AV

I started up my just finished QCX+ ( I successfully got a QCX 40 going this spring.) The LCD backlight came on but varying the resistor didn't work. The voltage on pin 3 was very low around 1.3 V. I checked the voltage at the regulator 10 V in 1.3V or so out and hot. The regulator checks continuity to ground for the ground pin, but also on the output. I must have a short somewhere. Any ideas where to look first? I did carefully inspect the board visually before firing up.