Re: QCX LPF adjustments

Syd

As I understand this, pull out the LCD and then power it up. So no menu, and it will operate in default mode/frequency? Sending and receiving? In the QCX units there is a straight key, so I guess that it is used to get power out, and measure the power through the dummy load power pins to do the adjustment? But in the QCX+ version there is no key and the LCD is part of a PCB. So set it up for a straight key, unplug the LCD module, power up and use a straight key to get power output? Maybe it is feasible to do this procedure with the QCX+ version? I will probably have to work around the power button.
73 wt1v

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 4:52:15 PM EDT, Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:

Hi Ian

Yes, you can remove the LCD and power-up, once you are confident everything is working fine. I do this all the time, for making adjustments to the LPF toroid spacing. QCX works fine without the LCD; it only talks at the LCD, it does not check for any answer back. So if the LCD is not present, the firmware doesn't notice or care.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:34 PM ian liston-smith <ian.ls@...> wrote:
Quick question:

Can the display module be removed so the LPF coils can be poked and tweaked for adjustment? Does removing the display module and powering up cause any problems? Will the rig still work so adjustments can be made?

If so it will make spacing/squashing the toroid turns with a cocktail stick for maximum power much easier.

Thanks.

Ian