Re: QCX-mini update

Jim Manley

Hi Hans,

As for the postage stamp sized "QCX Pico" that you just "announced" (I claim dibs on the first production unit!), I only have one word to say in regards to how to view such a tiny display: PROJECTION! :D

73_Morse_Animated_GIF.gif
Jim  KJ7JHE
Lame Deer Montana High School Amateur Radio Club  KJ7JKU

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:42 PM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:

Almost, but not quite small enough to fit in an Altoids tin...
Have you considered 402 parts???
But, the hard part is getting the height thin enough....

There's not much point going to 0402. It has to be big enough to hold the LCD and have space for the controls below that. Or do something much more radical which would be an out-of-scope redesign. If we could have a 5W radio the size of a postage stamp, would it be all that practical to squint at the tiny screen and operate it?