Re: QCX-mini update

namerati@...

No alternate pads for an SMA connector?

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 07:23:16PM +0300, Hans Summers wrote:
Hi all

I am excited to provide an update on the QCX-mini project
http://qrp-labs.com/qcxmini.html

Again to stress: QCX-mini has the same schematic (almost), firmware,
operation and performance as QCX and QCX+. It is just a different physical
manifestation. This is not a major R&D effort. It is a pleasant breather.
The tasks are limited to mechanical re-engineering and some
re-documentation later. So please don't all start yelling at me about what
I ought to be spending my time and energy on instead.

To summarize: I laid out a PCB. Two in fact (it's a sandwich). And got some
made. I have ordered two sets of components and one set arrived yesterday;
the other (the bulk of the R and C, SMD parts from Farnell UK) will arrive
in about 1 week. I designed an enclosure and made technical drawings, and
my usual enclosure factory has produced a prototype to my specification,
which is in the post and will likely get here in about 2 weeks from now.

So far everything fits together very well and at this stage I do not
anticipate any major roadblocks.

It's a really beautiful little radio! I am looking forward to hauling
myself to a nearby mountain to try it out.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com